Through Community Asphalt and Judlau Contracting, two OHLA USA companies, the company has performed reconstruction, drainage, earthwork, and paving work at Miami International Airport, Boca Raton Airport, Palm Beach International Airport, Tamiami Airport, Key West Airport, Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, Chicago O’Hare International Airport, and numerous others.
One of the most complex airport projects constructed in South Florida was done at the extremely busy Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport. This project included earthwork, paving, drainage, runway lighting, and on Runway 9L-27R and Taxiway B. Work was carried out in 10 major phases during the 180 day construction period. All phases had demanding time restrictions and the majority of the phasing was performed in continuous shifts, 24 hours per day.
OHLA USA has also recently won a contract in Chicago for a mass grading project at the Chicago O’Hare International Airport. This $45M job will consist of more than 2.2 million cubic yards of earth excavation over a seven month period to create the base for the airport’s central deicing facility. Other airport projects include:
- MIA Runway 12/30 Pavement Rehabilitation-Miami International Airport, Miami-Dade, Florida
- Rehabilitation of Runway 9-27, Immokalee Airport, Collier, Florida
- International Airport, Taxiway “L” Extension, Palm Beach, Florida
- Big Cypress Airport Rehabilitation & Extension, Hendry, Florida
- Miami International Airport MIC Connector, Miami-Dade, Florida
You can look at OHLA Group’s international work in airport infrastructure here.