OHL North America has a diverse portfolio of roadway work across the continent, completing high-profile work in major metropolitan centers in Texas, California, Florida, New York and Illinois. In South Florida, Community Asphalt is recognized as one of the foremost contractors for highway work, and has completed several design-build projects and improvements for the highway systems in that area. Their work, as well as projects accomplished in other states, have served clients such as TxDOT, FDOT, and the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority.
Recently, OHL USA secured a contract to lead a joint venture (with Astaldi) to improve and expand a portion of the I-405 in Orange County, California. The design-build project will improve 25.7 km of the heavily-traveled interstate. The scope of work includes adding one general-purpose lane in each direction from Euclid Street to I-605 and making improvements to freeway entrances, exits and bridges, as well as construction of express toll lanes in each direction from State Route 73 to Interstate 605, which will provide a fast, congestion-free and reliable travel option to motorists.
Additionally, through Community Asphalt, OHL NA is working on improvements for the I-75 A/B Segment, a design-build project which includes construction of new flyovers and ramps at the intersection of I-75 and Florida’s Turnpike, 3.1 miles of roadway construction along I-75, and 2.7 miles of construction along Florida’s Turnpike. In addition, Community Asphalt is reconstructing the Miami Gardens Drive Interchange. Other notable roadwork achievements include:
- Constructed an underpass in Puente Avenue, under the Union Pacific Railroad and the boulevard running parallel to this line, in the City of Industry, Los Angeles County, California
- Design, improvement, and extension of links and structures at access points on the I-95 to the cities of Boynton Beach, Lake Worth, Lantana, Jupiter and Deerfield Beach, Florida
- Reconstruction of SR-5 (US-1) South from Milepost 3.560 to SW 344th Street, Miami-Dade, Florida
- Remodeling and improving a section of the local IH-10 road, in downtown Houston, Texas
- SH121 road and bridge expansion, Dallas, Texas
You can look at OHL Group’s international work in highways and roadways here.